The People’s Choice Public Adjuster proudly serves home and business owners in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade Counties on the east coast as well as in Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties on the west coast. We also serve Orange County and any other county throughout the state. Our state licensed staff has decades of experience and is ready to help you navigate the complicated insurance claim process no matter where you’re located in Florida.
• Company Adjuster – Works directly for the insurance company in dealing with your insurance claim. A company adjuster’s main responsibility is to protect the insurance company’s interests.
• Independent Adjuster – Hired by the insurance company to represent it in dealing with your claim. Their main responsibility is to protect the insurance company’s interests.
• Public Adjuster – Retained by the insured to represent you and your interests. Public adjusters are licensed by the state of Florida. Our main responsibility is to secure the insurance settlement you deserves according to your insurance policy.
Other than an attorney, a licensed Public Insurance Adjuster is the only individual licensed by the state to represent you. Public Adjusters do the work regarding your claim.
At The People’s Choice Public Adjuster, we have the experience, knowledge and expertise to obtain the maximum entitlements under your policy. Our team of specially trained professionals understands insurance policies, endorsements and forms, as well as your rights as the insured. Our focus is you; our job is to represent you to the insurance company.
Consider this: If you become involved in a legal matter, would you represent yourself or would you hire an attorney? It’s no different with an insurance claim. Remember: the insurance company’s adjustor works for the insurance company.
A public adjuster works for you.
It’s important to familiarize yourself with these forms. However, unless you work in the insurance business on a regular basis, these documents can be difficult to understand.
Most people just don’t have the expertise to properly understand and interpret the technical language contained in their policy. Nor do they understand the complicated procedures that must be followed to comply with the policy’s terms. The insurance company’s adjusters are trained professionals who represent the insurance company’s interest. You can protect yourself by retaining a Public Adjuster whose sole responsibility is to serve you.
In addition, when you file a claim with your insurance carrier, there are certain policy conditions that must be satisfied. Failure to do so can reduce your settlement amount or even cause your claim to be denied.
Just because the insurance company’s adjuster makes a statement or the insurance company makes a decision concerning your loss, it doesn’t necessarily mean it is fact. It’s not uncommon for the carrier to misinterpret its own policy or forget to apply Florida statutes case law that may supersede their policy.
That’s where a Public Adjuster can help.
• Policy holders who hired public adjusters (PA) for non-catastrophe claims received 574% more money than those who did not hire a PA.
• Policyholders who hired public adjusters for hurricane claims received 747% more money.
(Florida Legislature’s Office of Program Policy Analysis & Government Accountability -OPPAGA)